Friday, November 20, 2009

Family gravesites in St. Wenceslaus Cemetery, New Prague, MN, 09.19.09

After traveling to the Czech Republic looking for the trail of ancestors, when I got back to Minnesota it seemed important to fill in some gaps that I had been neglecting here. I had never been to the St. Wenceslaus Cemetery in New Prague, even though I knew important ancestors were buried there, so I went early before our dance performance at Dožínky and did some exploring. I was surprised at how much I found and how that increased my feeling of connection to the Dožínky festival.















My great-grandfather's brother, Vojtech, and his wife, Katerina Valek

Vojtech and Katerina's son, Thomas

My great-grandfather's brother, Matej, and his wife, Rosalie Kubes



Matej and Rosalie's son, Thomas

Thomas' daughter?

My great-grandfather's sister, Katerina Trnka and Mathias Pavek

My great-great-grandparents, Matej Hanzl and Maria Toman



My great-grandmother's brother, Frantisek Hanzl and Rosalie Joach

Frantisek's veteran's stone

Rosalie's stone

Frantisek and Rosalie's daughter, Anna

Frantisek and Rosalie's son, John

My great-grandmother's brother, Tomas Hanzl (Hanzla) and Barbara Kubat's daughters, Zofie (Sofia) and Marie (Maria)



Tomas Hanzl and Barbara Kubat's son, Karel Hanzl (Charles Hanzel)

Various other Hanzel and Hanzal tombstones where I'm not sure of the connection and relationship, if any:





















No comments:

Post a Comment