Friday, November 20, 2009

August 2, 2009 - To Be or Not To Be; Concert on the Square

This morning was the first day of our 4 hour daily language lessons which covered the vowel and consonant sounds and the forms of the verb "to be" - positive and negative. This is already a huge help in my language skills, as I had been trying to function without verbs!

The Yellow Class (explanations in English)

This afternoon we had a tour of the town of Dobruska and an official welcome by the town mayor before the beginning of the weekly Sunday summer concerts on the village square.

An official welcome at the concert in the square

The music group was very good. Half the pieces were in Czech and the other half in English, including many that I knew from another context! Frank Sinatra's "I did it my way;" Abba's "Dancing Queen;" and "Hallelujah! It's Raining Men!" Very fun!

For dinner we got to use our meal voucher tickets at a local restaurant. I had a whole "spicy" trout, which was very tasty and I didn't choke on any bones.

More on Dobruška - the town

1 comment:

  1. Frank - Such wonderful notes about your trip! I will be eager to hear your rattle off everything in Czech when you get back ... you'll certainly be capable of more than just "to be or not to be," I'm guessing :-)

    ReplyDelete