Friday, November 20, 2009

August 11, 2009 - Grammar Marathon

Since we will be spending the whole day in Prague tomorrow, today we had Czech all morning and again in the afternoon for another hour and a half (and we'll have the same schedule again on Thursday). In addition, it was necessary to get all of the homework for Thursday done today, as we will have no time to study tomorrow. I was fortunate to get it finished with a little time to spare before the second "Evening of Nations" tonight - presentations by mainly the non-Slavic European nations.

If possible, the music teacher's English is worse than my Czech and we need to communicate with each other! I have been asked to play piano at the graduation ceremony at the end of the course - in the local theater with government officials present - something I would prefer to prepare for a little, rather than just sitting down at an unfamiliar electric keyboard to begin a public improvisation. From what I could understand of our talk today, he has a full keyboard at home that he will bring to the ceremony, since the school only has a small one in a classroom. Whether he understood that I'd like to practice on it beforehand or not is not clear to me! I may have to ask my Czech teacher to translate for us to get this worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment