Saturday, March 14, 2015

August 4, 2014 - Domazlice


OMG. I am in Domazlice. I have been traveling for 22 hours. After two planes, the trip from the Praha airport to Domažlice involved 3 buses. I did manage with some help in Plzeň to locate to bus to Domažlice. What I didn’t realize was that there was more than one bus stop in Domažlice, so instead of getting off at the one that was two blocks from my pension, I got off at one where the center of town was not visible and I wasn’t sure what direction to go. It was a long, hot walk to the city center where a street vendor and a couple of students helped point me in the general direction for the pension. I found it, but the door was locked and no one answered the bell. There was a phone number to call, but I didn’t have a cell phone, only an iPad that would work when I could get a wi-fi connection. Eventually, a housekeeper showed up and called the owner. There was some confusion about my arrival date, but they agreed to have a room ready for me if I could wait an hour. This was all negotiated with only very few words and some hand gestures on my part and some help from the housekeeper, who also let me into the room to use the toilet and get a drink of water while she was getting it ready, as she saw how sweaty and stressed I was. Scary, but I'm relieved to not be starting to look for a room now at festival time! The reservation had been made a year in advance, with an arrival two days earlier than planned, once I knew I needed to pick up my new bagpipe tomorrow. I thought the early arrival date had been confirmed, but maybe not?


Domažlice is really a lovely little town. Will be glad to be spending a week here. 

My sidewalk dinner spot.









The bus schedule for tomorrow back to Stod, which I had gone through today on my way here.




No comments:

Post a Comment