Thursday, September 14, 2017

July 12, 2017 - Brno


Final shopping and packing for the long trip home which starts at 2 a.m. tonight.


Shopping malls can come in handy.


Looks like everything will fit! Was expecting more challenges, as I bought a lot of stuff.



Only power outage of the trip. The whole block where my flat is was without power during the time I needed to check in for my flight and cancel a couple of bus tickets before the cancellation deadline. Fortunately, I found this spot with wi-fi and homemade orange-mint-ade. Of course the power came back on after I had already ordered, but the drink was tasty and everything got taken care of.


Final dinner in Brno. Back to the place across the street from where I'm staying that has the "historic" menu.




Chicken a la Marengo - Napoleon's favorite meal before going into battle. (Not as interesting as the 1525 recipe, but still fun.)


Last new Czech beer for this trip - the hoppiest beer I've had here.


My digs for most of my Brno stay - now for a few hours rest before my 3:00 a.m. drive from Brno to the Prague airport for my 7:25 a.m. flight to Frankfurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment