Thursday, September 14, 2017

July 11, 2017 - Veselí nad Lužnicí back to Brno


Tuesday, I took the train back to Brno in time to see Lucie and Martin off on their honeymoon, spent Wednesday finalizing return trip details and shopping, then at 3:00 a.m. Thursday began the 24-hour return journey to Minneapolis. 

This was a trip and experience I will never forget, and the first one where I felt less like a tourist. I even had Czech people asking me for directions in Brno! (Not that I could help them, but fun to be asked!)


Fourth cousins twice removed.


Fourth cousins once and twice removed - watching the train come in.




Popular local brew pub in Brno.



One only orders “beer” here – there is only one choice (since 1552!)


Pub snacks #1 - tvarůžky - a ripened soft cheese made in Loštice, Moravia, Czech Republic, which is very easy to recognize by its strong scent, distinctive pungent taste and yellowish color.


Pub snacks #2 - Pickled Camembert.


Pub snacks #3 - Pickled sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment